Wednesday 27 January 2010

Cabbage Fry with Roast Peanut

We bought a lot of cabbage last week, and just the two of us - I was making different things with small portions. And I dont like the taste of cooked cabbage, I dont mind it in the salad but cooked version doesn't impress me much, but to be polite I eat it. There was this last portion and I was wondering what can I make of it. Just then I called my mom and she suggested this recipe and it goes well with Roti. I was taken aback by the fact that goes well with Roti. So I decided to give it try.




So here is the recipe.........



Ingredients:

  • Chopped Cabbage - Half portion of a medium sized
  • Chopped Onions - 1 Medium Sized
  • Peanut - one handful
  • Dry Red Chillies - 4 Nos
  • Jeera (Cumin) - 1 Tsp
  • Chopped Coriander - 2 Tsp
  • Chopped Mint Leaves - 1 Tsp (Dont add more, for this will over power the dish)
  • Curry Leaves for garnish
  • Oil - 2 Tsp
  • Salt to Taste.

Method:

Dry roast the Jeera, Chillies and Peanuts (all seperately). After roasting the Peanuts ensure to cool and remove the thin pink skin, and grind all the three together in a coarse powder. Now heat the oil in a kadai and saute the Onions till they turn pink. Add the chopped cabbage saute for 5 minutes, add salt, water and cover cook it. After the cabbage is cooked add the coriander and mint and saute till the water dries up. Now add the coarse powder and mix thoroughly, the powder may look a little more but more the taste peanut better will the output. Now garnish with curry leaves and we are done. Enjoy with Roti or Rice.

You can replace the vegetable with Ridged/Bottle/Ash Gourd or French beans or white Pumpkin, just be creative dont be scared its gonna taste good.

1 comment:

  1. There is lot of glare on the photo, cannot see the food :(

    ReplyDelete